Lindeth Howe Hotel welcomes people with disabilities and has developed the access statement to address some of the more common questions that guests may have.
Recognition has been given to include guests with mobility, sight, hearing or learning disabilities or any hidden impairment. Lindeth Howe aims to ensure that all employees, guests and others who use the hotel are treated equally and according to their needs.
- For assistance prior to arrival, please call reception on 01539445759
- Guide dogs are allowed in all parts of the hotel
- We can arrange to pick up from any train stations or from the airport in Manchester or Carlisle
Arrival and car parking
- The hotel's main entrance is on level access with no steps
- The hotel has 3 parking bays at the front of the hotel for blue badge holders, spaces can be reserved upon request
- Staff are on hand to help with luggage.
Main entrance and reception
- We are happy to check all guests in while seating in the lounge area, there is no need or requirement for this to be done standing at reception.
- The registration cards can be in large print if requested
- The ground floor areas are carpeted with short pile carpets, the entrance and reception area is a wooden floor with a rug, wheelchairs travel across all flooring without an issue.
- There is seating directly next to the front door for those who require it
- There is a doorbell on the front door, should you need assistance
- There are no lifts at Lindeth Howe, however, we have 3 ground floor easy access bedrooms with wetroom style bathrooms that can be requested.
- Baby changing facilities and a disabled toilet is located on the ground floor next to the ladies and gents toilets
- The flooring in the disabled and the gents toilets are non-slip ceramic tiles
- The flooring in the ladies toilets is initially short pile carpet, then non-slip ceramic tiles in the cubicles
Restaurant, lounge, and bar
- The restaurant is located on the ground floor along with the lounges, bar, and Hilltop tea room, this is all on one level.
- Restaurant tables and chairs can all be moved to accommodate all guests.
- We have 2 styles of restaurant chairs, some with arms, some without, the choice is yours, we also have tables in the bar, lounge and restaurant that can fit a wheelchair underneath
- We have a safe space in which to store walking frames, we also have space to park mobility scooters in the lounge and bar area.
- Lighting levels in the restaurant are generally lower in the evening, we can, however, reserve a table in an area of the restaurant with stronger lighting if required
- All menus in the hotel can be in large print if requested.
- Full table service is available in all the public areas of the hotel
- Should you require assistance the team can read through the menu with you
- Please inform the team on booking of any special dietary requirements
- Laundry service is available at the hotel, please call reception on '0' should you need this to be collected from your room
Garden and outside areas
- The garden is easily accessible via a slope that has a waist-height handrail on 1 side made from wood, the slope is by the Avery.
- We have 2 small ponds in the garden and caution is advised while in these areas.
- All of our tables in the garden are of a height suitable for a wheelchair.
- All of the gardens can be accessed without the use of steps, however, we advise that wheelchairs do not venture down to the bottom of that garden due to the steep slope that must be used to access this area, however, team members are on hand should wheelchair users wish to visit that area.
- The is direct access via the ground floor rooms to the front car park in case of an emergency, a member of the staff will be on the outside waiting to assist you.
- Additional toiletries are available from reception and these can be requested on the phone, they will then be brought to your room for you.
- All our rooms that are available to hire as a meeting room are on the ground floor, they are step and slope free and all doors are wide to fit a wheelchair or mobility scooter
- The 3 ground floor rooms have
- wide entrance doors
- low-level switches
- telephone next to the bed
- wet room style bathrooms
- Power sockets by the bed
- Transfer space by the bed
- Twin or double bed combinations
- Short pile carpets
- TV's that provide subtitles
- Sufficient space for 2 wheelchair users
- Mobility scooters fit in the rooms
- All bathrooms are en-suite
- All ground floor rooms have roll-in showers and shower seats
- All ground floor rooms have the appropriate grab rails
An assistance dog is one that has been specifically trained to assist a disabled person and which has been qualified by one of the charitable organizations registered as members of assistance dogs UK (Canine partners, Dog A.I.D, Dogs for the disabled, Hearing dogs for deaf people, Support dogs, guide dogs and medical detection dogs).
- Assistance dogs are allowed in all areas of the hotel
- Assistance dogs used for people with manipulative and ambulatory impairments
- Support dogs for stress and anxiety
- Guide dogs for visually impaired and blind people
- Hearing dogs used by low hearing and deaf people
Bowls are provided for assistance dogs, there is no surcharge of maintenance or cleaning fee for customers with an assistance animal.
If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception or the duty manager.
We have a set evacuation procedure, the fire alarm system is one continuous siren. If you have requested assistance upon check-in a team member will come and assist you.
All of our staff have regular training.
If you require specific equipment to make your stay more comfortable please ask upon booking and we will give you all the help we can.